PLN

 Personal Learning Network

6/15/24


                                                    My personality tests: What they show about me

Personal Learning Network is a term I was not familiar with. I did ask some of my teacher friends and one did know what this network is all about. A helpful guide to staying connected in a professional and personal way, through social media. I am able to accomplish this by connecting with various teachers, discussion boards, trainings in person in education and library science, joining American Library Association on Instagram and many more. These networks will help to guide me and others to gain a personal and professional outlook. 

Personality Tests

When it comes to taking personality tests, astrology tests or your local magazine test, I enjoy taking these tests. I find them to be fun and exciting. Sometimes to see where I am at, but also to see where I can improve. When choosing the personality tests, this was hard to choose the top three because all of them looked good. I narrowed them down from what I thought would be a professional, personality and finally anywhere I would need to improve. 

The three tests I took are: 16 personalities, Personality Type Indicator and Leadership Skills. 

The first test I took was  16 Personalities


Image Source: 16personalities.com,screenshot

Image Source: 16personalities.com, screenshot

While taking this test I had to choose between agree and disagree and when the results came up, I was not shocked. This test broke down Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging and Assertive.  I am a Commander and I do take charge in situations when I need to. As a teacher and in other aspects of my life, I am the one that figures everything out and goes with a plan. The judging part of the test I was shocked on. I did not know I would score so high in this area.

The second test I took was Personality Type Indicator.  

Image Source: my-personality-test.com, screenshot

Image Source: my-personality-test.com, screenshot

I wanted to compare the 16 personalities with the personality type indicator to see where I am at. In this test I had to click on a circle that said agree or disagree. What my results showed I am ESFJ: The Supporters. I scored the highest in judging which is- goal oriented, action planner and organized. Like the first test I scored the highest in the judging category. The lowest I scored in was the extraverted part. The test details defines extraverted as action-orientated, outgoing and hands-on. Which I see some of those items in me, but I am not the person to be the life of the party. I am hands on with my kids at work, with my puppy and with my family. Even though I scored low in this area, the rest of the results are accurate. Both tests were similar and I scored similarity. 

  The final test I took was Leadership Skills


Image Source: mindtools.com, screenshot

I wanted to see where my leadership skills were at and where I needed to improve. This test is  called " How Good are your leadership skills?" I have not taken this kind of test before. This test was quick and straight to the point questions. After the test was completed I was a little shocked at my score. I knew I am a good leader when it comes to my students, but an overall leader to everyone else. The potential is always there. The score is a number, so I explored on where I could improve in my leadership skills. They do have articles that can be a helpful guide. Here is the article, Self-Confidence, this article is able to help me to achieve what areas I need to improve in my leadership skills and for myself. 

Action Plan:

I took two similar tests and one completely different. I had some insight into what the similar tests would be, but I had no idea, how close they would be. I have been working with leadership for a while now and I wanted to brush up my skills. The main area I want to improve on is assertiveness. I feel that the first and the third tests show this to improve. I do let my emotions become involved sometimes and the assertiveness is pushed aside. 

One way to improve this I have learned from the leadership test is being more self-confident. Saying what I need to express in a calm, collected tone. When it comes to working with kids they are calm and easy going. Speaking with parents can be a challenge, I have experienced. What I would do differently in a professional setting would be staying calm, no anxiety and with ease. On a personal level I would try to speak to others at a gathering that I do not know. Finally when the librarian career path comes to light, I will use my assertiveness with an ease tone with patrons, about the policies of the library and about what I can achieve at the library, in a professional way. 

I would continue to use these goals in the next year as a teacher. This way I can continue to use these goals in a professional manner and in the future being a librarian. Showing the same healthy balance is beneficial to show for my personal and professional dynamics. Learning to grow from my personality tests and enhance my personal learning networks. 

References:
https://www.mindtools.com/ap5omwt/how-to-build-self-confidence
https://www.mindtools.com/apdfhaw/how-good-are-your-leadership-skills
https://mypersonality.net/quiz?afid=msmps&msclkid=6ea527e1f6361df6caec418c00b12f3f
https://my-personality-test.com/personality-type-indicator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Frameworks

Digital Space